Dear Friends Pursuing Christ,
School’s out for Summer! Let the celebrating begin! What a joy to see smiling faces, flowers blooming, birds singing, children playing outside, pools opening, picnics and family gatherings. I am really enjoying this season right now!
Thinking about all these festivities made me think of my childhood and how summer was so relaxing (except when mowing the lawn and weeding) as a child and teen. Summer can be a kid’s best friend! This summer during the months of June and July, my preaching theme will be “Tell me the stories of Jesus”. We will see how Jesus engaged people, young and old, in sharing the gospel message. As we reflect on the words of Jesus, I hope that it will encourage us as we become better neighbors to those in our own neighborhoods as well as in the FPC neighborhood.
I am told that July 1st God’s House will be up and ready for ministry, pending no delays in construction. The Church Life Team will help us in celebrating this phase of vision for God’s House. More information will come to you as we come closer to the date. Each Sunday in June has some exciting events taking place. Please note them on your calendar.
- June 3rd – Congregation Meeting following worship for the purpose of electing Amada Dubinick as a deacon and Team Meetings after meeting. We will also be delivering cookies to our neighbors.
- June 8th-10th – Camp Courageous Mission Trip. We have a group of 32 going this year. This includes church members, members of Trek, and friends of Bev’s.
- June 9th – Westline Christian Church will hold their annual Women’s Retreat. Our own Angelika Schmidt will be the speaker. The theme is “Staying the Course”. For more information call Loise Stark (816) 899-2227, Alicia Whitcraft (816) 645-5641 or Kaye Seabaugh (816) 899-2304.
- June 17th – Father’s Day (special presentation by children)
- June 24th – Camp Courageous Team leads in worship and shares their story. A covered dish luncheon will follow worship.
We continue to be a congregation in prayer. Please continue to pray for: Corky Cook and family, Vicki Raynard and family, Loretta Bailey, Candy Gall, Andrew Brunson and his family, and the EPC General Assembly. In the months of June and July we will be praying for our neighbors and the FPC neighborhood.
Love and Prayers,