So much has happened this last month regarding God’s House. We set a date to begin building God’s House, formed a team to raise funds, received our Coin Jars and on Monday, October 2nd, we received a gift to pay for God’s House. The session called a meeting with the Buildings and Grounds Team and decided now is the time to build. So, as you pass by the FPC property in the next few weeks you will see “God’s Vision becoming a Reality”. Praise God!!!!! Thank you Lord for the vision, for courageous leadership, for gifts great and small, for answering our prayers and for building our “faith” muscle. God never ceases to amaze me.
God’s House is more than a building. It is a facility that will be used to reach people for Christ. It will be a place to help people on their journey of faith. It will be a meeting place for people young and old, near to God and far from God, and to find shelter. It will be a place to help people grow physically, emotionally, and spiritually. What I am asking of you now is to begin praying about the ministries God will fill this building with in the coming days. Also pray for smooth sailing from the building permit, to the actual building. Pray for good weather and the health of those involved in the work. There is much prayer needed. Rex Eckhoff and Rod Smith will oversee the day to day details and will keep us updated in worship on Sundays. Our work, and it is hard work, is to PRAY, to Dream, and to be ENCOURAGERS!!!!!!
Here are some Scriptures to Ponder, Pray and Personalize during the next few weeks as we travel this journey together:
- Week of October 29: “Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
- Week of November 5 “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:3)
- Week of November 12 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for the building up of others according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” (Ephesians 4:29)
- Week of November 19 “Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good; his love endures forever.” (Psalm 118:1)
- Week of November 26 “I will praise you O Lord all my heart.” (Psalm 138:1a)
Have a blessed November and Thanksgiving,