Dear Friends Pursuing Christ,
I no sooner said goodbye to Advent and Christmas and was quickly reminded that Lent
would be here shortly! I can hardly catch my breath! That’s why I am glad to announce to
you that our study in the season of Lent will be centered on growing in our prayer life.
You will find the study schedule below. I do hope that you will join one of these Small Groups. I believe that it will strengthen your relationship with the Lord and therefore also strengthen us as a congregation.
Lent: A Time for Prayer
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016 – 7 p.m. Ash Wednesday Service
- Wednesday, February 17, 24, March 2,9, 2016 “The Circle Maker”
- 10 a.m.@ Gloria Chenoweth’s
- 7 p.m. @ FPC Sanctuary
- Wednesday March 16, 2016-6:30 p.m. “The War Room”-Movie
- Sunday, March 20, 2016-Palm Sunday
- Thursday, March 24, 2019 -Maundy Thursday
- A Service of Prayer, Meditation, and the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
- Prayer Vigil (Thursday @ 8 p.m. – Friday @ 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, March 27, 2016-Easter Sunday “The Day of Resurrection”
A healthy congregation is a praying congregation. That is the truth. A praying
congregation is a congregation that leans on the Lord for direction, discernment, and
guidance. And that is what we will be doing. We will study together and pray together as a
congregation. During worship we will have some more directed time in prayer as we
examine some of the great prayers of Scripture.
I would like to tell you more, but I can’t. I wish I could. All I know is that we are
going to travel this journey together. I am asking that you commit to travel with me. We need to do this together. God is working mightily in our congregation and my desire is that we are on God’s page for us!
In January, many of us signed this New Year Commitment for 2016. I am printing it
again as a reminder to our promise to God and to one another.
Lord, I rededicate myself to You in this New Year. Use my hands to bless thosearound me. Speak through me to encourage others. And create in me a greaterdesire for your Word and Will. Make 2016 a year of closely walking with You.
As we continue to read “A Proverb a Day” in February, I am going to ask you to share
your favorite verse for the day’s reading.
Love you all very much. Love serving the Lord with you and am looking forward to seeing God’s movement in our life together.
Love in Christ Jesus,